Sunday, September 25, 2011

A bad (not so good) caption




Few days back there was an ad on the front page of The Hindu news paper of the new Nissan Sunny. A half page ad. I looked at the car and then all I saw is the caption which says ‘It’s not just a car... It’s a caaar’. That’s it. I put the paper down and thought about it for a moment. How could a company like Nissan come up with such a bad caption for such a beautiful car?

We have seen thousands of captions of different products of different companies. Some are good some are bad. Some really strike. Many I forget. This one actually made me feel like ‘what a pity one’. All I thought is about the creative agency which brought this idea of caaar. I don know for how many people this caaar concept will be digestible. Not for me for sure. May be because I work in a creative marketing agency or may be because I watch ads very closely. But above all I’m also a reader or even a prospect for the company and I’m sorry to say they have failed to impress this prospect and attract to their Sunny.

I’m sure anyone could have come up with a better caption and attracted more eye balls. I hope next time when Nissan launches their new car they will have a beautiful caption for their car and not just some caaar…

No comments:

Post a Comment